Southeast Testament (SET) is a nonprofit community organization that has been helping residents in 23 counties in central and southeastern Ohio since 2005 thanks to the efforts of our faithful supporters.
Southeast Testament Inc is a small non-profit organization that is committed to be a good steward with the gifts you provide and will always be a blessing to others. All SET Officers and Directors serve on a volunteer basis so administrative costs are minimal which unlike many other non-profit organizations 99% of our funding goes directly to helping our needy neighbors.
SET would like to thank everyone for your financial support in 2017 and we sincerely hope your passion for this mission continues in 2018.
What happened with SET in 2017?
SET’s partnership with Lutheran Social Services transitioned to Sojourner Care Network of McArthur, Ohio.
• Lutheran Social Services after 12 years of serving Vinton County and the surrounding area decided to refocus on serving those impacted by natural disasters. In July 2017, all furniture/household goods distribution and service project support transitioned to Sojourner's Care Network.
• SET would like to thank LSS for their past partnership and wish them success on their new mission direction.
• SET would like to welcome Sojourner’s Care Network with a staff of twenty-two and has been serving in the area for 18 years – Besides taking over the SET operations oversight, SOJO supports Foster Care, Adoptions, Street Outreach, Victim Assistance, Supportive Housing and many other initiatives that address the root causes of poverty in the region.
Thirty-four SET cargo trailers (6’x12’) full of donated items were delivered to The Vinton County Distribution Center (Four trailers in fleet to date).
In 2017, SET helped many needy residents in need – Below are a few examples;
• A Family in Hamden, Ohio – SET purchased and relocated a used mobile home for a young couple - The Health Department had declared their old trailer not fit for their newborn child – They now have a safe, clean and secure home to live as a family!
• Lancaster Family - Paid three months rent for a struggling family with six children which provided some financial relief after the Christmas Holidays.
• Allensville Family - Family couldn’t access their home due to the poor condition of their driveway and their electric was turn off – SET purchased new meter box and provided 60 tons of gravel to fix their driveway.
• Several service projects - Like building handicap ramps, home repair and provided over $9,000 of building materials (Flooring, paint, drywall, etc…) to repair homes in central and SE Ohio.
Peace Lutheran Church in Gahanna continues to be a major partner/contributor in the SET mission – The faithful support of Peace and it’s members has helped thousands of needy resident over the past thirteen years.
The 8th Annual SET Golf Outing was held on July 15th at The Links at Echo Springs golf course. Seventy-one golfers participated and $3,237 was raised to support the SET mission. Visit our SET Golf Outing page to see all our winners from this year's event.
The 6,600 sq. ft. SET Vinton County Distribution Center has three offices with reception area, 3,000 sq. ft. distribution center with pallet racking, a dining area/kitchen, six showers and sleeps 26 volunteers. Numerous volunteer groups stayed in the SET building over the summer performing service projects in SE Ohio.
SET, Peace Lutheran Church and Sojourner’s distributed Christmas gifts, gift cards, wagons, books, blankets, stockings, baskets, candy and Kroger hams to 60 families during the Christmas Give Away Event in December at the Vinton County Distribution Center. SET, Peace, Kroger, HO HO HO Wagons, local Orthodontists, Ascension Lutheran and Saint Paul’s Lutheran participated in supporting this Christmas event.
In 2017, 54% of Southeast Testament’s funding was received through the United Way’s Donator Choice Program where supporters designate their workplace giving to the SET mission.
Again, thank you for your continued support! None of the above would be occurring without your commitment and passion to help our neighbors in need. I wish all a safe and healthy 2018.
Joe Schmitt – President/Southeast Testament, Inc.