Here are some of the many ways you can connect with the life of the Peace community. If you're interested in joining a new class or group, use the button below to contact us!
CLASSES & GROUPS:
CLASSES & GROUPS:
- Stretch and Balance Yoga | Mondays & Thursdays, 8:45-9:45am, Fellowship Hall | Peaceful clearing of our busy minds while holding poses 15-20 seconds each. Poses are standing, stomach, back and knees. These complimentary classes are available for all of the Peace Community. Attend one or all!
- Prayerful Yoga | Wednesdays, 6:30-7:45 | Join Kevin Ryan for a spiritually-focused approach that seeks to weave yoga's three components of mind, body, and spirit. Come discover the full benefits of yoga! All levels of yoga (and life) experience are welcome!
- Pub Theology | Pub is a group for those 21 and over who like food, drinks and discussion! We meet at the Rusty Bucket in Gahanna and have conversations around a different theme each month. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for upcoming events.
- Women's Bible Study | Every Monday, 9:30am, Fireside Lounge | Women's Bible study focusing on in-depth Bible study, prayer and fellowship. All women are welcome!
- Women on a Journey | Every Tuesday, 6:30pm, Narthex
- Women's Evening Bible study | Every Monday, 6:30pm, Fireside Lounge
We gather each week for videos, homework, & discussion.
- Peace Lutheran Church Women (PLCW) | Special Events as Scheduled | Our Purpose: As a community of women created in the image of God, called to descipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
- AMen's Bible Study Men's Group | Every Friday, 6:30am, Fireside Lounge
We view various videos and discuss Christian theological topics.
- Blanketiers Group | 4th Tuesdays, 9am-noon, fellowship Hall
The Blanketiers make blankets for southeast Ohio and the Heinzerling Foundation (on the far west side of Columbus), an organization that assists severely handicapped people. We have a great time and always welcome new people. Fabric donations welcome!
- Euchre Group | 2nd Thursdays, 12:30pm, Fireside Lounge
Sign up the week before the group meets each month. Contact Mary to be placed on an e-mail list- you'll be reminded each month, and can reply if you want to play.
- Friendship Bible Study | 1st & 3rd Thursdays, mid-September - May, 6:30pm-7:30pm
In this twice monthly bible study, we engage with our adult friends with cognitive disabilities in Bible learning, music, art, prayer and friendship.
- Friendship Respite Ministry | 1st or 2nd Saturday, October through May
At the Saturday Friendship Respite Ministry, we provide a day camp experience for persons age 14 and above with cognitive disabilities. A typical respite day includes Bible study, art, lunch, recreation and small group games, along with friendship and plenty of smiles.
- Camp Friendship | 2019 dates TBD
Camp Friendship is a four-day, three-night Christian camp for adults with disabilities held the 2nd full week of July. At Camp Friendship, each camper is paired with a volunteer who serves as a companion for all camp activities. Each day, camp is filled with fun activities, including Bible learning, arts and crafts, and a wide variety of recreational activities such as swimming, hiking, fishing, team sports and more. Volunteers attend camp one additional day and night before campers arrive for team building, orientation and training.
- Tuesday Night Bible Study | Tuesdays, 7:00-8:00pm, Fireside Lounge
No preparation necessary- we study various books of the Bible that are chosen in a unique way when a book is finished. All are welcome- young or old, single or married, widowed or divorced. You are not committed to attend every week.
- Esther Circle | 2nd Tuesday, September - May, 9:30 a.m.-11:30a.m., Fireside Lounge
Brunch is served, short business meeting is held, and is ended with a Bible Study. Fellowship and being Sisters in Christ is important to this circle.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry | 1st and 3rd Thursday evenings, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m | Contact Tammy Evans
Knit/crochet prayer shawls and lap blankets. These beautifully hand-crafted items are then given to anyone who is ill, grieving or as simply a reminder that God loves them.