Step 1: Welcome! | Step 2: Ministry & Service | Step 3: Member Expectations | Step 4: Membership Form | Step 5: What's Next
Step 3: Member Expectations
In the Peace community, "all" means all. You're welcome here because of who you are, not in spite of who you are. We believe you are valid and important, and that you have something meaningful to offer the world. In that spirit, we ask that you seek to love God, your neighbor, and yourself in the following ways:
- Come to church. We're nice, and we genuinely want to have you around. For now, our services are online only, but you can still participate alongside the worship team and your fellow viewers. Growing together as spiritual beings is part of what it means to be in community as believers in Christ, and gathering for worship (even on the internet) helps to nurture that growth. And even though we take attendance and count viewer numbers, we're pretty sure that Jesus doesn't. Services are live-streamed every Sunday at 10am on Facebook Live or on our website.
- Build relationships. Wherever you fall on the spectrum of introvert vs. extrovert, there's a place for you here. Joining a small group or finding a ministry that interests you is a great way to help build a healthy community. As part of this membership process, you'll be added to Realm, Peace's online database and communication network. This will allow you to register for church events, get communications from different ministry groups, and manage your online giving.
- Ask for help. Peace is a comparatively large organization, and can sometimes feel a little daunting at first. Please know that we're always here to serve. Don't be afraid to reach out for assistance, whether it's with health, mobility, or any other kind of support you may need.
- Serve. Find a place at Peace where you feel called to offer your time and abilities. At the end of this membership process, we'll try to connect you with whatever ministries you'd like to get involved in. In the meantime, you can learn more about our outreach and service opportunities here.
- Give generously. Your financial gifts, no matter what amount, help fund the meaningful work that gets done both inside and outside the church. You can give during the offertory in worship, donate online, or text "PeaceGahanna $(amount)" to 732-56.